This year you can buy our two favourite Lavender Plant varieties online to enjoy in your garden (Lavender ‘Folgate’ and Lavandin ‘Grosso’). These two varieties are Castle Farm approved, hand-chosen by us, and are the plants you can see growing across our Lavender fields in the Darent Valley!
Collect a minimum of 4 plants from the farm (see details at bottom of page), or pre-order online to secure a plant with delivery from 18 June (limited numbers available).
All our Lavender plants are;
– English-grown to avoid the risk of imported plant viruses
– Castle Farm approved varieties, with excellent flowering colour and scent
– Well established in a 1 litre pot
– Great for attracting bees and butterflies, drying and using as a culinary herb or drying for craft purposes.
– Are provided with full planting, growing and pruning information sheets
The two varieties available this season are:-
Lavender: Lavandula angustifolia – generally a compact plant with a mass of thin stems and blunt-topped flowerheads. Scents vary in intensity; the best are prized for oil production for perfumery, pharmaceuticals and toiletries. Flowers from late June. Hardy in winter. Culinary herb use – it has a sweet, soft flavour for desserts and drinks.
– ‘Folgate’– a beautiful rich blue, early-flowering, strong-scented variety, perfect for drying. The oil has raised antiseptic properties. Excellent as a hedging plant. Castle Farm grows ‘Folgate’ for its superb colour in the field where we have our famous Lavender Bench. Excellent for hedging and summer colour, and more scented than the well-known ‘Hidcote’ variety.
Lavandin: Lavandula x intermedia – a sterile hybrid of Lavandula angustifolia and Lavandula latifolia. Taller-growing than Lavandula angustifolia with sturdy, branched stems and lance-shaped flower-heads. Flowers mid-July to August. Hardy in winter. Culinary herb use – excellent with roast vegetables and savoury summer flans.
– ‘Grosso’– a tall variety with mid-purple flowers, grown commercially for use in lavender bags and for oil production because of its high yield and long-lasting scent (used in household fragrances, candles, soaps etc.). This plant will give great impact in the garden, and grows well in a large pot.
There are two options for ordering;
If you are not local, or are wishing to send as a gift, you can pre-order online (minimum 4 plants). *Deliveries for w/c 15 June now FULL* Pre-order for delivery w/c 22 June 2020. They will be then be beautifully gift wrapped, carefully packed and despatched direct from the farm. You may also add other items into your order for no additional delivery charge.
Collect from the Castle Farm. Minimum collection of 4 plants. This is only available by calling and pre-ordering your Lavender plants over the phone (during weekday office hours M-F 9am-5pm) on 01959 523219. Collection will take place on weekdays only, and you will be given directions and instructions over the phone. You can also order other products from the shop (Lavender Oils, soaps, foods etc) and add these to your collection order over the phone. Orders must be paid for in advance.
4-7 plants £6.00 each
8 + plants £5.50 each
All care instructions will also be included with your Lavender Plant purchase!
We are back, and we are very excited to be opening the farm gates again.. but firstly, we would like to thank you for all your wonderful support over the past few months! It has been a very challenging time on the fam, but your messages, online orders and enthusiasm to return to the farm have all been very gratefully received.